About Us

The Campus Ministry:- Where young lives are changed and spiritual leaders are born.

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Sera speaks: "God's Mystery"

Sera is a theatre production student from LaSalle, she never fails to inspire others around her with her deep convictions and carefree expression of God's love. She's blessed with a beautiful singing voice too!
 DSC_0017.JPG.jpg In Ephesians 3:6 it says, "This mystery is that through the gospel the gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Jesus Christ."

When I read the word 'heirs' I pondered, we're heirs to a throne? We will inherit something when someone dies? I mean these are just first thoughts la. haha... Then I read in different translations for a better picture to visualize.

In NLT it says, And this is God's plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe in the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God's children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Jesus Christ."

In the Message Bible is says, "Outsiders and insiders standing on the same ground...they get the same help, same promise in Jesus Christ. The message is accessible and welcoming to everyone, across the board."

I got a much better picture after reading from my 2 favorite translations. Especially the Message bible. It becomes so personal, like different people can come to God and receive the same love, same help, the same Jesus we all learn and feel inspired and broken from. =)

Myster = Secret Plan of God
- to reach out to gentiles, that His word is for everyone and not just the Jews and the 'promised God's people in the old testament. 
- When is is awkward to reach out to a particular person, remember that the word needs to go out to everyone.

In verse 7-8 is says, "I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power. Although I am less than the least of God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ."

- We were and still are being shown grace, at our least God made us the most important.
- We, inturn, from the outflow of our gratitude should show this grace to others.

Reflection:

Are we grateful for what's been given to us?
- Only you will know.
- When we don't love, it's either we don't feel loved or we don't make the effort to feel the love that God gives.

In verse 15 is says, "...from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives it's name."

From God, I was created.
From God, I am called Sera.
From God, I can walk and talk.
From God, I can create friendships.
From God, I can have a heart.
From God, I can love. =)

Is God the one who makes our life full?

Only when we reflect and understand the love that comes into us and flows through our veins, then we can show this love to someone else and they can feel the same. =)
Love <3

No comments: