About Us

The Campus Ministry:- Where young lives are changed and spiritual leaders are born.

Saturday 24 January 2009

Sera speaks: "So that others can do the same."

Sera is a theatre production student from LaSalle, she never fails to inspire others around her with her deep convictions and carefree expression of God's love. She's blessed with a beautiful singing voice too!
I actually read the whole of Galatians to refresh my memory a little hee hee. But i'll be sharing from Galatians 1 today. =) In Galatians 1:9 it says,"As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let that person be under God's curse!" I gulped when I read the word Curse. Usually you would see this word a whole lot more in the old testament then in the new. But it really made me realise how even with the new covenant that we've made with God, God is still very firm with the purpose He gave us from when we were first made. Even after Jesus had died on the cross for us and our lives are fill with grace, God still expects us to be firm with ourselves. How we speak, how we act and who we are needs to reflect God's words and how He has transformed us.?

What do people learn from us? How do we portray ourselves to others? Do we inspire them to think about their lives, or better, inspire them to change their lives?

I appreciate Paul when he shared about his life before and after his conversion from verses 11-24.
Paul consistently praises God and gives credit and glory to Him. He always portrays himself as someone unworthy of the grace shown to him by Jesus. But with that attitude, Paul doesn't wallow in his unworthiness. He uses his changed life and the grace given to teach and to inspire others to do the same.

In verses 23-24 it says,"They only heard the report:'The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.' And they praised God because of him." Personally, I am very inspired by Paul's attitude to his changed life. He was a murderer of christians and a destroyer of churches. I don't think any of us have murdered or destroyed lives. It's definitely humbling for me because I used to wallow and be guilty of the things I've done or have not changed. I didn't have godly sorrow. If Paul could embrace the fact that Jesus was enough to wash away all that he has done in the past, then Jesus is enough to wash away mine. =)?

I can deal with my past and I can be an inspiration to others.?
Let our change help others to do the same. =)

Love you all,
Sera

No comments: