About Us

The Campus Ministry:- Where young lives are changed and spiritual leaders are born.

Monday 7 July 2008

Sera speaks: "Watch Out! High Voltage! Letter from God...continued...."

Sera is a theatre production student from LaSalle, she never fails to inspire others around her with her deep convictions and carefree expression of God's love. She's blessed with a beautiful singing voice too!

Hi brothers and Sisters,

I'm here to share about the second point from the first lesson Steven shared with us!

I'm in Action..."that He gave His one and only son..."

There was this analogy that Steven shared:
"One day a man fell into a pit and wasn't able to climb out. Many different people came by and this is what they each had to say.......
The Optimist said, "Hey buddy, looks like you're gonna be alright! I'm sure you'll make it out."
The Pessimist said, "Gosh, all the best man. Looks like it's gonna be tough."
The Civil Engineer said, "If you put one foot into that part of the soil and the other in another part then put your hands here, the weight from your foot should push your weight on to....... blah blah blah...."
The emotional person said, "Waaaa! I feel for you..... it must be so lonely down there!!!!"
The logical person said, "You just gotta get outta there! or else.... you'll starve"

Jesus says, "Give me your hand."
 
Love that does not serve is totally empty. =)

This point truly hit me and really convicted me so much. There was something I had to learn from, from this point. Putting my love into action and not always standing in the back and be judgmental over things that aren't done. If they're not done, why don't I be the one ho initiates... =)

God's greatest act of love was giving up His son to the merciless cross. Jesus wasn't willing but he was obedient and He loved God enough to know that He is real and to trust Him. The love that God shows us here is something we cannot replicate. Seriously. If you ever do something out of love that is more mind blowing than what God did? Please give me a call...

That was the greatest act of love in all of mankind!! And a whole lot of us including me take that for granted! 

Jesus did die on the cross!
God did do that to show His love!
Our sins are forgiven from that act of love!
And we're not grateful!

Those are just 4 facts that have reigned this earth. Let it not be us to not be grateful. =) We know what we read, and we know what we believe. As much as we say we're imperfect, as long as we're aware that we are not grateful, we need to do something because it WILL be held against us when our time comes... 

Steven asked this question that kinda shook me a little.... "Am I convinced that God has given His best?"

I think if I can tell myself "YES" I can be totally grateful. Let's all be saying yes to that question... =)

His action speaks so much louder than all the things anyone has to say. Let that be said for us too.. Let us find the security to act out our christian lives. People have eyes, they have ears.. They will see and they will hear.... =)

Amen,

Love and Cheers,
Sera

No comments: