About Us

The Campus Ministry:- Where young lives are changed and spiritual leaders are born.

Saturday 5 July 2008

Sera speaks: "Watch Out! High Voltage! Letter from God."

Sera is a theatre production student from LaSalle, she never fails to inspire others around her with her deep convictions and carefree expression of God's love. She's blessed with a beautiful singing voice too!

Dearest Brothers and Sisters,

Didn't we have the greatest time during the retreat!?!?!
I personally feel very grateful to have had the KL campus do so much for us! There was so much warmth and so many awesome prayer times with the different brothers and sisters from the campus over there. I really loved every single lesson shared, every devotional and every d-grp. I felt totally re-charged when I was there. There was definately some high voltage going on there! 

Most of what was shared during the retreat revolved around God's love for us and how we saw ourselves through God's eyes. And I just thought that was really amazing, because we're always thinking about who God is and how awesome God is and how much He works in our lives. But, we never really talked about how He views us?

How precious am I to God?
What's so special about me that He made me?
Why does He want to see me do well?
Why does He love me?

These were just some of the questions asked, and to be honest, I found it difficult to answer them. =) I really need to be thinking about those questions as I'm back home now and getting ready to start school again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what Steven shared with us on our first night at Dusun Eco!

1. Don't miss out!
2. I'm in action!
3. You're my target!
4. Don't lose it!

These were the points that he used to guide us through the lesson.

Don't miss out... "for God so loved the world..."

- God doesn't want us to miss out on the love that He gives to us so freely. All He wants is to love us and for us to respond to that love. He cannot love us less. =)
- We're so imperfect, living in a world so corrupt. We're constantly falling into the hands of satan. But God said, "for I so loved you...." How does that make us feel? He loves us despite of our iniquities. =)

Do you feel God's love? Kinda reminds me of one of the team's cheer. They asked each other if they felt God's love and the question was past on, when one person said, "I feel God's love." it was then passed back to the rest of the group. God's love is so powerful, it works through people. Amen!

Steve shared Hosea 11 (which is my favorite chapter in the entire bible, because it was a turning point in my christian life. )

Hosea 11 talks about God's love for Israel. How God saw Israel from a child, growing up and growing apart from God. How God had overflowing compassion that He could not bear to punish the people. =) I took the word Israel and replaced it with my own name. 

That's how God feels about me. He's willing to stoop down sooo low to feed me, to place his cheek against mine, to hold my hand and walk with me through this journey. But all I do is run away from Him because there are so many things that seem more important or attractive than the love He had to give. 

Sometimes I look back and think, "what can be so much more important and attractive than God's love???? What am I thinking???" 

=)

God loves us not because we strive to be perfect, He loves us because we ARE perfect, because we are made in His image. Because he carefully put the pieces together. 

a finger nail to a finger, a finger to a hand, a hand to an arm, an arm to a shoulder, a shoulder to another's cheek.

That's how God works. If we can just understand this. Wow, imagine what He's really like in life size? You can never imagine the immaculate love that He has to give... =)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I learnt from the first point. =) And it's rekindled my love for God.

Stay tuned for my thoughts on the rest of the points. =)

Love and Cheers,

Sera

No comments: